Wheat Pack Care
Heating times are a suggestion, which will vary with each appliance and in different environments. Each Wheat Pack is supplied with a recommended heating time, however we suggest you monitor the product at 20 second intervals during the first heating, to ascertain the prime heating time with your specific appliance and for your needs. Never heat more than 150% of the maximum recommended time: e.g. if the maximum heat time is 2 minutes, do not exceed 3 minutes. Ensure the product is dry, and do not place anything else in the microwave while heating. Test the heat pack on your forearm prior to use. Be extremely cautious with children, the elders and those with sensitive skin. Allow the heat pack to cool before reheating, so that it is not overheated. We do not recommend using the heat pack as a bed or towel warmer. If a burning smell is detected upon use, immediately discontinue use and contact us or discard safely. Wheat packs are not recommended for young children or infants.
To freeze, first place the Wheat Pack into a plastic bag, seal, and leave in freezer until it reaches desired temperature. Do not leave in freezer longer than 24 hours or freeze burn may cause wheat to loose its efficacy. Ensure bag is fully defrosted and returned to room temperature before heating. Ensure bag is dry before storing. Test frozen bag on forearm, and be aware skin my be sensitive to cold so always use with caution. Not recommended to be applied directly onto skin when frozen, and not recommended for young children or infants.
Ensure Wheat Pack is completely dry before storing in a cool, dry location. It is recommended to heat the Wheat Pack every 30 days to ensure it stays fresh, and regularly check the Wheat Pack for dust or dirt. Be aware some insects may love the wheat and herbs, so if needed store in a sealed plastic container.
With a few simple tips, you can help your candle last longer and burn cleaner. Follow these instructions below to get the most out of your DunnSmith Soy Candle:
1. After the first time lighting your DunnSmith Soy Candle, let the wax melt across the entire surface to the sides of the candle completely before extinguishing. This will prevent the wick from tunnelling, and will help create an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life. This may take a couple of hours. (3-4hours)
2. Always extinguish your candle with a candle wick dipper. Do not blow out the flame. This will prevent smoke from polluting the candle fragrances and will keep the candle clean for its lifetime.
3. Trim the wick to 5mm before each burn, to create an even and steady burn time.
4. If soot forms on the inside of the candle glassware, simply extinguish and allow the candle to cool before gently wiping the inside of the candle to clean.
5. Candles prefer to burn away from droughts and windy environments, which cause uneven burning and increased smoking. Position your candle in a protected area for maximum aroma and candle longevity, and close doors and windows if possible to enjoy the scent as much as possible.
6. If your candle begins to smoke, flicker, or the flame becomes too high, extinguish the candle, allow to cool, and check the candle and wick to ensure it is safe to burn. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, and debris and all times.
7. Keep your candle stored in a cool, dry, area. Be cautious of direct light, especially sunlight, which can effect your candle’s ability to burn evenly and may melt the candle damaging the wick.